College to Corporate Program - Workplace Communication
Initiative of IITBombayX
September 7th, 2017 to November 12th, 2017
|Course Content||Teaching Faculty||Who Should Attend|
|Duration and Venue||How to Apply||Note|
|Address For Communication|
click here to download the brochure
click here to download the Schedule
Registration Closed List of participants temporarily not available
We are happy to inform you that IIT Bombay has designed a series of four short courses under the 'College to Corporate' program.
The program is primarily targeted at pre-final and final year students, to help them prepare for the corporate world, and perform better in the recruitment process. Corporates that recruit the final year students have certain expectations from their prospective employees. If the students/candidates are made aware of these expectations and the skills required fulfilling these expectations, their journey from College to Corporate would become easier.
The program will be conducted using the hybrid/blended MOOCs pedagogy developed at IIT Bombay. In this approach, participants learn online, as also through face-to-face interaction. The course content would be made available on the Hybrid MOOCs platform (http://iitbombayx.in). The students would be required to do the online activity before and after the face-to-face interaction (through A-VIEW). In each course, the face-to-face interaction will be conducted fortnightly during the weekends. In additions, student will be required to complete weekly activities in their college (RC). The program consists of following four courses.
- Soft Skills
- Workplace Communication
- Technical Skills
- Financial Literacy
- Introduction to workplace Communication
- Professional Communication and Conduct
- Verbal communication; oral and written
- Non-verbal communication
- Presentation skills
- Email communication
- Gender, and diversity skills
- Global and Cultural Awareness
- Workplace Ethics
- Conducting and participating in meetings
Prof. D. Parthasarathy, Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT Bombay
Prof. Leena Jha, Shailesh J Mehta School of Management, IIT Bombay
Prof. Rajesh Zele, Department of Electrical Engineering , IIT Bombay
Prof. Varsha Apte, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Bombay
Dr. Meghashri Dalvi
The program is restricted to students belonging to participating remote centres. The preference for participation should be given to the pre and final year students. However, other students can also attend the courses, if there are seats available in the remote centre. The remote centre has the authority to decide for the candidates, who stand to benefit more.
The duration of the courses will be from 07 September to 12 November 2017. The Course will run in Hybrid mode and it will comprise the following activities:
1. Online work by individual participants: Each student is expected to access the online platform , using a PC at home or college, on any convenient day and time during the week, with an online test every week. The online activity is available on IITBombayX platform (www.iitbombayx.in). Each participant has to spend 2 to 3 hours of efforts per week for each course.
2. Face-to-face interaction sessions: Interactive sessions with students will be conducted by the faculty from IIT Bombay/ Industry. Students will have to physically attend these sessions at their chosen designated Remote Centres (RCs). The discussions and local tutorial sessions will be moderated by the Course Coordinators at each RC. This activity will be conducted on the weekends.
The face-to-face interaction dates are 9th Sept., 23rd Sept., 14th Oct. and 28th oct. 2017.
3. Weekly activities in RCs: Participating students will need to carry out presentations, mock interviews, team projects, etc., as required for each course. These activities will be conducted under overall supervision of the local course coordinator.
Enrollment will be strictly online, and no other mode of application will be entertained. In the registration form, only the list of participating remote centres will be available. The program is restricted to students belonging to participating remote centres. The Online registration for "Workplace Communication" starts from 21 August 2017.
The last date of registration is 12 September 2017.
Registration process for the Program:
- Sign up using your valid email id.
- After verification, your account will be created
- Login on the website with the verified account
- Go to Announcements, Select the program and register.
- After successful registration, you will receive an automated email.
- Your name will also be listed in the “List of Participants page”.
Live recording of the course and other created content will be released under Open Source, through a portal. All participants are required to agree a No Objection Certificate for such release of content contributed by them during and after the program. All contributors will be acknowledged.
Dr. Kalpana Kannan,
Sr. Project Manager,
Department of CSE, Kanwal Rekhi Building,
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay,
Mumbai - 400 076.
Tel.: +91-22-2576 4989
Fax: +91-22-2572 0022