Home > About
How it all began
Birth of KReSIT
In the 141st Senate Meeting held on March 11, 1998, Prof. D.B. Phatak made
a presentation on setting up a School of Information Technology at IIT Bombay.
Based on the discussion in the Senate, where the idea, in general, received a
favorable response from the Members, a Senate Committee was set up to prepare
a detailed report on the feasibility, structure and academic programmes for
the School. The committee set up by the Chairman of the Senate also included
two distinguished members from the IT industry to take into consideration the needs of the IT industry that the School would aim to serve.
- Prof. U. B. Desai, Dept of EE, IIT Bombay
- Prof. M. G. Korgaonkar, SoM, IIT Bombay
- Prof. S. S. Pande, Dept of ME, IIT Bombay
- Prof. D. B. Phatak, Dept of CSE, IIT Bombay
- Prof. N. L. Sarda, Dept of CSE, IIT Bombay (Convenor)
- Mr. Ashank Desai, CMD, Mastek Ltd.
- Dr. Anand Deshpande, MD, Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd.