Home > About
Explanation of the KReSIT logo:
- Knowledge - Represented as Lotus
as Spreading out
- Universe - Represented as Globe
- Information - Represented as bits repeated
- Type - KReSIT typeface integrated into symbol
Concept and Significance
Mrs. C. Vijaya Lakshmi's interpretation of KReSIT for the logo has been:
One part of Vijaya's design also represented - Spread of engulfing,
- SIT - Seminal information Technology
- KRe - exploring the Realms of Knowledge beyond the universe.
Basic concept for the logo was submitted by Mrs. C. Vijaya Lakshmi
(Vijaya is not a designer of logos nor an artist hence in her own way
she represented her concept)
- This concept was approved and Vijaya was asked to work with IDC, IIT
Bombay for the logo design with her concept.
- Ravi Povaiah (Prof in IDC) with inputs from Geeta Joshi and Jagdish
Chandorkar came up with a few designs based on Vijaya's concept
(given at the end) and the designs were presented to KReSIT.
- Current logo was selected after the presentation.
- Sudarshan Dheer came up with colour suggestions. Ravi pitched in
again and spent a few hours to come up with the final implementation of
- Sameer Sahasrabuddhe (studio manager) has been involved in various
stages of the implementation to shape the logo to the final