Object Oriented Programming
Educational Services for Outreach at Scale (ESOS)
January 26th, 2021 to May 7th, 2021
|Course Content||Teaching Faculty||Duration and Venue|
|Who Should Attend||Course Fee and Certification||How to Apply|
|Note||Address For Communication|
click here to download the brochure
click here to download the Schedule
Go beyond the basics of programming to understand object-oriented methodology, the approach to modular and reusable software systems. You will learn to:
- How to abstract a problem in an object oriented style
- Object oriented programming, basics to advanced level, using C++
- How to use the Standard Template Library (STL)
The topics covered in this course:
- Introduction to Object Oriented Programming
- Classes and Methods
- Standard Library of C++
The detailed description is given below:
Topic 1: Practice Problems for Review of Basic Concepts
- Track your expertise level
- Track your knowledge base
Topic 2: Review of Pointers and Structures
- Brush up skills on Pointers and Structures
- Learn the behavioral nature of Pointers and Structures
- Recollect the relationship between pointers and structures
Topic 3: Review of File Processing
- Brush up skills on File processing
- Recall the functions to process data within files
- Refresh how to create and access binary file
Topic 4: Introduction to Object Oriented Programming Concepts, Classes and Methods
- Get to know the programming paradigm
- Learn to choose the best possible paradigm
- Know how to implement the program
- Learn to control access to members
Topic 5: Constructors, Operator Overloading, and Members
- Differentiate between Constructor and Destructor functions
- Learn to invoke constructors
- Know the different constructors
- Learn to customize operators
- Learn different classes and functions
Topic 6: Inheritance and Polymorphism
- Distinguish between Compositional and Inheritance based approaches
- Learn the access control for different inheritances
- Know more about Objects of base and derived classes
- Get to know polymorphism and abstract class
- Learn the usage of virtual function
Topic 7: Standard Template Library (STL) of C++
- Learn inlined and non inlined member functions of C++ classes
- Know more about the C++ Standard Library
- Learn different Template classes
- Get a high-level view of useful modules in C++ Standard Library
Prof. Deepak B Phatak, Professor Emeritus, Dept. of CSE, IIT Bombay
Prof. Supratik Chakraborty, Dept. of CSE, IIT Bombay
Mr. Nagesh Karmali, Sr. Manager (Research), Dept. of CSE, IIT Bombay
Ms. Firuza Karmali (Aibara), Project Manager,Dept. of CSE, IIT Bombay
December 31, 2020
March 10, 2021
January 26, 2021
May 7, 2021
This course will be conducted in a self-paced mode, i.e. all the lecture videos, slides, reading materials, activities, and graded assignments will be released on when the course starts. This gives you the flexibility of progressing and completing the graded assignments at your own pace. However, but one would need to complete them before the course ends.
The course can be taken by any learner who wishes to enhance programming skills by abstracting a problem using OOP concepts. Knowledge of basic programming concepts, as covered in the ‘Programming Basics’ course is necessary.
The registration fee for the course is Rs. 475/-. However, register before 7 February 2021 for Rs. 375/- only to avail an early bird registration discount.
Important Payment Instruction:
Please note that the registration fee once paid is neither refundable nor adjustable under any circumstances.
While making a payment for the course,
(i) If you receive a transaction failure message and your amount is NOT debited, please pay again by logging in to IITBombayX-LAKSHYA programme(https://www.it.iitb.ac.in/lakshya) website.
(ii) If your amount is debited and you still receive a transaction failure message, please DO NOT make another payment. Send a mail to email@example.com with cc to Eoutreach firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject "Transaction failure but amount debited". Also, provide the transaction details in the mail. You will soon receive a reply from us on the same.
Honor Code e-Certificates will be issued on successful completion of the course based on the grading policy mentioned in the course. Please note that all e-certificates will be issued online after the course ends on 7 May 2021. No hard copies will be given.
Enrollment will be strictly online, and no other mode of application will be entertained. The online registration is available from 31 December 2020 till 10 March 2021.
Course registration steps for the IITBombayX-Lakshya portal:
- Once you select the course of your interest from the homepage. A page will open where Click on the link “Click here for registration form” to get enrolled for this course.
- You will be prompted to enter your email address.
- If you have already registered in our earlier courses: Use your existing email id and password to get enrolled.
- If you are here for the first time: A form will open where you have to enter the OTP (received in the entered email), password and other required details and press SUBMIT button (for your account creation).
The course content is released under Open Source License. All participants must agree that the content contributed by them in any form, (assignments, questions, etc.) would be released under Open Source Licence, by accepting the terms mentioned under ‘No Objection Certificate’. All contributors will be acknowledged.