College to Corporate Programme - Financial Literacy
Joint initiative of Corporate and IITBombayX
January 23rd, 2018 to February 19th, 2018
|Course Content||Teaching Faculty||Who Should Attend|
|Duration and Venue||How to Apply||Note|
|Address For Communication|
click here to download the brochure
click here to download the Schedule
We at IIT have been working for the past several years in facilitating faculty at engineering institutes (and elsewhere) to be more effective in delivering knowledge. We have trained over a lakh faculty till date (www.it.iitb.ac.in/nmeict). It gives us great pleasure in announcing a campus to corporate initiative. The focus of this initiative will be to prepare engineering students (and others, wherever applicable) to transition from the informal campus environment to a formal corporate environment. We are running a program, which will comprise of four different courses. These courses will be conducted in a blended MOOC format. 1. Soft Skills 2. Workplace Communication 3. Technical Skills 4. Financial Literacy The content of the modules would be made available on the MOOCs platform (http://iitbombayx.in). The programme is restricted to students belonging to participating remote centers. However, the content will be released on the site for access to other students. Even if you are unable to participate, please feel free to sign up to receive further notifications
Financial Awareness Basics
- Introduction to Microeconomics & Macroeconomics
- Introduction to Fiscal & monetary policy
Overview of Financial Systems
- Understand the financial institution landscape
- Learn about various financial instruments
- Learn about the various financial markets
Planning and Budgeting
- Understand what is meant by personal financial planning and budgeting
- Understand how to structure own personal financial plan
- Understand how financial planning & budgeting works in a corporate environment and its importance
Accounting and Financial Statement
- Understand basic accounting concepts and rules
- Understand what are financial statements
- Understand basics of costing
Prof. Varadraj Bapat, Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management
Prof. S.V.D. Nageswara Rao, Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management
Ms Rupali Chimote
Mr Pranay Dugar
Only students of the participating remote centers can attend this programme. The remote center has the authority to prioritize the attendance for this programme by selecting candidates who stand to benefit more.
The duration of the courses will be from 23 January to 19 February 2018. The Course will run in Hybrid mode and it will comprise the following activities:
1. Online work by individual participants: Each student is expected to access the online platform, using a PC at home or college, on any convenient day and time during the week, with an online test every week. The online activity is available on IIT Bombay platform (www.iitbombayx.in). Each participant has to spend 2 to 3 hours of efforts per week for each course.
2. Face-to-face interaction sessions: Interactive sessions with students will be conducted by the faculty from IIT Bombay/ Industry. Students will have to physically attend these sessions at their chosen designated Remote Centres (RCs). The discussions and local tutorial sessions will be moderated by the Course Coordinators at each RC. This activity will be conducted on the weekends.
The face-to-face interaction dates are 27 January and 3, 10, 17 February. 2018.
3. Weekly activities in RCs: Participating students will need to carry out presentations, team projects, etc., as required for each course. These activities will be conducted under overall supervision of the local course coordinator.
Enrollment will be strictly online, and no other mode of application will be entertained. In the registration form, only the list of participating remote centres will be available. The program is restricted to students belonging to participating remote centres. The Online registration for ‘Financial Literacy' starts from 03 January 2018.
The last date of registration is 25 January 2018 till 16:00 hours.
Registration process for the Program:
- Sign up using your valid email id.
- After verification, your account will be created
- Login on the website with the verified account
- Go to Announcements, Select the program and register.
- After successful registration, you will receive an automated email.
- Your name will also be listed in the “List of Participants page”.
- Sign up with the same registered email id on IITBombayX site as you will be mapped in the financial literacy course.
Live recording of the course and other created content will be released under Open Source, through a portal. All participants are required to agree a No Objection Certificate for such release of content contributed by them during and after the program. All contributors will be acknowledged.
Dr. Kalpana Kannan,
Sr. Project Manager,
Department of CSE, Kanwal Rekhi Building,
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay,
Mumbai - 400 076.
Tel.: +91-22-2576 4989
Fax: +91-22-2572 0022