Schedule: Lecture Slot 8 in LTC 21
Instructor: Om Damani
TA: Harit Shelat
Moodle: Slides, Assignments, Solution, Newsgroup etc.
Audit Requirements: You have to do all the assignments. There will be at least one assignment per week.
1. Sterman, John D. Business Dynamics : Systems Thinking and Modeling for a Complex World, Indian Edition -
Tata Mcgraw Hill : 2010.
2. Ford, Andrew. Modeling the Environment, Island Press : 2010, 2nd Ed., In library.
3. Morecroft, John. Strategic Modelling and Business Dynamics : a Feedback Systems Approach John Wiley : 2007, In library.
2) Feedback Systems Thinking/Causal Loop Diagrams: Causality, Causal Chains, Causal Loop Diagrams, meaning of links and polarities on links, loop polarities
3) Stock and Flow: notion of stock, rate of change, conservation of stock, system boundary - sources and sinks for flows, tangible vs intangible stocks
5) Playing with Vensim: what happens to your stocks as time progresses, introduction to goal-seeking and other modes of dynamic behaviour
7) Nonlinear relationships, Delays, and, Qualitative variables: Table functions, Multipliers
8) Team model building: Aim of team model building, role of facilitator
9) Validating the model
10) Limitations of SD
12) Drilling Down: Detailed discussion of each sector
13-14)A variety of village models
15-16) NREGS (National Rural Employment Guaruntee Scheme) and its impact on Village Dynamics