A403, KReSIT Bldg, Dept of CSE, IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai 400076,
9969446604 | 02225764913 | Email: samss [AT] it.iitb.ac.in
Research areas: eLearning content creation, Visual communication, 3D animation training
Design considerations for creating eLearning visualizations, YCMOU, Nashik. Supervisors: Prof. Sridhar Iyer and Prof. Sahana Murthy, IIT Bombay (2010-2015)
Post graduate diploma in distance education, IGNOU, New Delhi (2009-2010)
Post graduate diploma in animation film making, ZICA, Mumbai, (1995-1998)
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Government School of Arts, Aurangabad, (1987-1991)
Semester long courses
Senior Project Research Scientist, Dept of Computer Science and Engg., IIT Bombay, Mumbai (2016 onwards)
Senior Faculty Associate, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai (2015-2016)
Educational content creation for Low Cost Access Device (LCAD): Aakash (Since 2013) 2 Publications; 3 Android applications; 2 UG Projects Repository of learning objects (LOs) for engineering and science concepts (2009-2013) 4 Publications; 4 ID Templates; 279 LOs; 6 Workshops Create educational content using open source 3D animation tool: Blender 3 Publications; 15 Tutorials, 9 Workshops; 1 PG & 7 UG Projects Creation of audio-video educational content resource of IIT Bombay (2002-2009) Design and implement methodology to capture live lectures in classrooms 1 Publication; 5 Documentary films; ~500 hours of video content; 5 Awards
Core team member of India¡¦s first animation and live feature film: Bhagmati (126 mins) Technical supervision of digital department for post-production and special effects Faculty member for digital animation and special effects
Visualize and design press advertisement campaigns, and outdoor advertising
1. Sahasrabudhe, S., Murthy, S., &Iyer, S., (In writing) Embedding visual communicationprinciples in instructional design template. For British Journal of Education Technology
2. Sahasrabudhe, S., Murthy, S., &Iyer, S., Applying Design Based Research to create Instructional Design templates for learning objects¡¦. New Frontiers in Education, Vol. 46 (1),Jan-Mar 2013, pp. 27-46, ISSN: 0047-9705
3. Sahasrabudhe, S., Murthy, S., &Iyer, S., Applying traditional animation principles for creating learning objects. New Frontiers in Education, Vol. 45 (2), Jul-Sep 2012, pp. 81-99,ISSN: 0047-9705
2. Kadam, K., Sahasrabudhe, S., Iyer, S., Kamath, V., (2013) Integration of Blender 3D in Basic Computer Graphics Course, Poster at International conference on computers in education (ICCE 2013), Bali, Indonesia.
3. Sahasrabudhe, S., Shah, A., Thakkar, M., Thakkar, V., &Iyer, S. (2012). MathMazing: 3D gesture recognition exergame for arithmetic skills. In Proceedings of 20th International Conference on Computers in Education (ICCE) 2012 (pp. 11-17). Singapore: APSCE
4. Sahasrabudhe, S., Murthy, S., &Iyer, S. (2012). Embedding visual communication principles in Instructional Design phase of Learning Object creation process. In World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications (Vol. 2012, No. 1, pp. 1189-1198).
5. target="new">Kadam, K., Sahasrabudhe, S., &Iyer, S. (2012). Improvement of Mental Rotation Ability Using Blender 3-D. In Technology for Education (T4E), 2012 IEEE Fourth International Conference on (pp. 60-66). IEEE.
6. Dere, S.; Sahasrabudhe, S.; Iyer, S.; Creating open source repository of 3D models of laboratory equipments using Blender, Technology for Education (T4E), 2010 International Conference on Technology for education, pp.149-156, 1-3 July 2010.
8. Kadam, K., Sahasrabudhe, S., (2009), APP2MID: Conversion of JAVA applets animation to JAVA midlets, International conference on emerging trends in engineering and technology, ICETET’09. Nagpur, India.
9. Krithivasan S., Baru M., & Sahasrabudhe S., (2005), Achieving stability on VSAT networks, Case Study: Distance Education Program at IIT Bombay’, at International Conference on Distance Education (ICDE), New Delhi, India, 2005.
3 certificates of appreciation, National Knowledge Corporation, Govt. of India, 2008 Directed three documentary films created for R&D projects of IIT Bombay Best Animation Film (Social Welfare): UNICEF-LAADLI, 2008 and FICCI-BAF, 2007 Directed animation short film on female foeticide issue Second prize in Cartooning, Youth Festival, Aurangabad, 1993 Represented the college for the fine arts competitions at the youth festival
Microsoft Research India Summer School, 2010 Human Computer Interaction course, Industrial Design Center, IIT Bombay, 2009 Apple Distinguished Educator India, Bangkok, Thailand, 2007
Member, Academic Council: YC Maharashtra Open University, Nashik, 2006-2010 Member, Syllabus committee: BA in Animation and Multimedia, RTM Nagpur University, 2008 Jury member, ANIFEST, Mumbai 2012
Use of visualizations in eLearning, Refresher course, Mumbai University, 2012, 2014 Application of Blender 3D for eLearning, Blender Conference, Netherlands, 2009 Animation in eLearning, Digital Learning conference, New Delhi, 2008
NASSCOM Animation and Gaming Summit, Aurangabad, 2009 Animation for eLearning , CDAC Mumbai and Hyderabad, 2009 National Workshop on Technology Interventions in Higher Education, YCMOU Nashik, 2009
‘Computer Masti’ (8 book series), 2008-2012 (Teaching computers in schools) Overall aesthetics, visual treatment and creating templates for the page layouts
‘Punctuations’, (Coffee table photo book, IIT Bombay), 2009 Photography and selection of visual theme for the book
2 Animation shorts: 'STOP Female Foeticide' and ‘1st Prize’
‘Kuhoo’, (Multimedia novel), 2012 First multimedia novel in India having 210 minutes video with recorded script of the novel & Motion graphics for 22 songlets using images, videos, animation, special effects and calligraphy
1 Animation short: ‘1st prize’
2 Animation shorts: ‘Ganapati Bappa Morya’, ‘Khayali Pulav’
Interested? Drop me a message or download my résumé.
Download Netra 3D.apk here and give your feedback.