3 Day workshop on Electronic Circuit Simulation using eSim
Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching
February 11th, 2021 to February 13th, 2021
|Course Content||Teaching Faculty||Who Should Attend|
|Duration and Venue||Criteria for Certification||Course Fee|
|How to Apply||Accommodation||Note|
|Address For Communication|
click here to download the brochure
Electronic Circuit Simulation can be regarded as an important aspect of the undergraduate curriculum of Electronics Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/ Instrumentation Engineering disciplines. The aim of this workshop is to work out a methodology to teach these courses more effectively at the undergraduate level. Exposure to this basic skill is indispensable to researchers as well.
The FOSSEE (Free/Libre and Open Source Software for Education) project at IIT Bombay (https://fossee.in) has been promoting Moodle, and other FLOSS, such as OpenFOAM, Scilab, Python, eSim, Osdag, OpenModelica, R, Drupal and Linux, and open source hardware, such as Arduino and OpenPLC. The FOSSEE Project is funded by NMEICT, Ministry of Education, Govt. of India.
Methodology of the Workshop
The workshop will be conducted using a mix of pre-recorded spoken tutorial videos with side by side learning and live lectures. A number of practice problems will also be provided after every topic followed by discussions on them to get a good understanding of each topic.
Participants will get the software, user manual, learning material, and hundreds of circuits simulated using eSim. A tool to convert circuits in Pspice to eSim will also be introduced to all the participants. By making use of these resources, those who are interested in conducting eSim workshops by themselves, will be able to do so.
Benefits of the Workshop
On successful completion the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Learn to create electronic circuit schematic and PCB design.
- Learn to simulate electronic circuits using eSim
- Learn to create digital model by writing VHDL code
- Use the digital model for standalone digital simulations or mixed-signal simulations
- Certificate for attending 3 day eSim Workshop.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- understand how to create circuit schematics
- understand what netlists are and how to analyse them
- simulate analog, digital as well as mixed-signal circuits
- learn the process of designing a printed circuit board(PCB)
- export the PCB design in various formats which are used for peer reviews and/or fabrication of the board
- create a model of a digital component using VHDL and simulate it
- Prof. Kannan Moudgalya, Faculty, Chemical Engineering Department, IIT Bombay.
- Prof. Pramod Murali, Faculty, Electrical Engineering, IIT Bombay.
- FOSSEE, IIT Bombay
The eSim workshop will be useful for below discipline:
- Electronics Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
3 day workshop starting from 11 to 13 February 2021. Every day there will be an online interactive/ hands-on session for 6 hours.
Participation certificates, in an electronic form, will be provided to all participants after successful completion of the workshop
₹ 450 (inclusive of GST)
₹ 950 (inclusive of GST)
₹ 2950 (inclusive of GST)
The application will be strictly online, and no other mode of application will be entertained. The link for online registration is:
The registration form will be available until 09 February 2021, 4.00 pm
As the workshop is conducted online, it is mandatory to have a laptop and a working internet connection with good bandwidth.
- eSim Version 2.1
- Following operating systems can be used for installing eSim:
- Windows: 64-bit 10
- Linux: 64-bit x86 Ubuntu 16.04 LTS/Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS/Ubuntu 20.04 LTS or newer