Synfig Studio Beginner workshop on 7 November 2020
Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching
|Course Content||Teaching Faculty||Who Should Attend|
|Duration and Venue||Criteria for Certification||Course Fee|
|How to Apply||Accommodation||Note|
|Address For Communication|
click here to download the brochure
Synfig Studio is a free and open source 2D animation software. This software can be used in Ubuntu, Windows, and MacOSX. With the help of this application you can create high quality vector drawings, animate a cartoon character, import and animate bitmap images. Features such as gradients, bones, distortions, convertors, effects, and many other tools, enable the user to create easy and productive output. This powerful software helps to create web animations, film-quality animations, E-learning animations, and much more.
The FOSSEE (Free/Libre and Open Source Software for Education) project at IIT Bombay (https://fossee.in) has been promoting Synfig Studio, and other FLOSS, such as Scilab, Python, OpenFOAM, eSim, Osdag, OpenModelica, R, Drupal and Linux, and open source hardware, such as Arduino and OpenPLC. The FOSSEE Project is funded by NMEICT, Ministry of Education, Govt. of India.
Methodology of the Workshop
Interested participants have to register online and pay the registration fee. The registration form will be available until 5 November 2020.
The “Synfig Studio” workshop will comprise of practising relevant pre-recorded Spoken Tutorial videos with side-by-side learning, and problem solving. There will be online live sessions and demonstrations by experts. Help will be available from experts and Teaching Assistants.
The following topics will be taught to the participants who are attending the “Synfig Studio” workshop. Depending on the level of the participant, one can learn any/all of the topics mentioned below. If one cannot complete all the topics, one can complete them later on through self-learning, as all required Spoken Tutorials are freely available.
- Bouncing ball animation
- E-card animation
- Create a star animation
- Draw a toy train
- Animate a toy train
- Plant animation
- Logo animation
- Prof. Kannan M Moudgalya, Department of Chemical Engineering, IIT Bombay
- FOSSEE and Spoken Tutorial Teams, IIT Bombay
This workshop will be useful to the students, faculty, and working professionals from design and animation fields. Learners from allied fields are also welcome to join the workshop provided they are interested to create productive and useful animations.
The workshop will be conducted online on Saturday, 07 November 2020, from 10 A.M to 5 P.M
Participation certificates will be provided to all participants after successful completion of the workshop in an electronic form.
The application will be strictly online, and no other mode of application will be entertained.
The link for online registration is :
The last date of registration is 05 November 2020, 4 pm.
- As the workshop is conducted online, it is mandatory to have a desktop/ laptop with an external mouse and a working internet connection with good bandwidth. The laptop should be capable of running Synfig Studio software.
- It is mandatory to have Synfig Studio Version 1.2.2 installed in the system to attend the workshop. The installation sheet is available here.
- Following operating systems can be used for installing Synfig Studio:
- Windows: 32/64-bit, Windows 7 or above
- Linux: Ubuntu 16.04 or above
- Mac OS: 10.8 (macOS Lion) or newer
- Any queries related to Spoken Tutorials on Synfig Studio can be asked through Spoken Tutorial Forums.
Any other general queries about the workshop can be sent to email@example.com.