DWSIM Beginner Workshop on 29 August 2020
Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching
|Course Content||Teaching Faculty||Who Should Attend|
|Duration and Venue||Criteria for Certification||Course Fee|
|How to Apply||Accommodation||Note|
|Address For Communication|
click here to download the brochure
DWSIM is a free and open source chemical process simulator for modeling and simulation of chemical processes. It is a multiplatform, CAPE-OPEN compliant process simulator for Windows, Linux, Android, macOS, and iOS. Built on the top of the Microsoft .NET and Mono Platforms and featuring a rich Graphical User Interface (GUI), DWSIM allows chemical engineering students and chemical engineers to better understand the behavior of their chemical systems by using rigorous thermodynamic and unit operations' models with no cost at all.
The FOSSEE project at IIT Bombay (https://fossee.in) has been promoting DWSIM, and other FLOSS, such as Scilab, Python, OpenFOAM, eSim, Osdag, OpenModelica, R, Drupal and Linux, and open source hardware, such as Arduino and OpenPLC. FOSSEE is also funded by NMEICT, MHRD.
Methodology of the Workshop
The interested participants have to register online and pay the registration fee. The registration form will be available until 28th August 2020.
The “DWSIM-Beginner” workshop will be 5-hours of watching relevant pre-recorded Spoken Tutorial videos with side-by-side learning, hands-on training, and interaction with experts. There will be course instructors to help you out in case you have any difficulties.
The following topics will be taught to the participants who are attending the “DWSIM-Basic” workshop. Depending on the level of the participant, one can learn any/all of the topics mentioned below. If one cannot complete all the topics, one can complete them later on, through self-learning, as all required Spoken Tutorials are freely available.
- Introduction to Flowsheeting
- Creating a Material Stream
- Simulation of Reactors
- Simulation of Separation Columns
- Performing Sensitivity Analysis and Adjust
- Creation of Bubble Points and Dew Points
- Binary Phase Envelope
- Prof. Kannan M Moudgalya, Department of Chemical Engineering, IIT Bombay
- FOSSEE and Spoken Tutorial Teams, IIT Bombay
This workshop will be useful to the students, faculty, and working professionals from the chemical engineering field. Students, faculty, and working professionals from allied fields are also welcome to join the workshop provided they have a knowledge of mass and energy balance concepts applicable to process engineering.
The workshop will be conducted online on Saturday, 29 August 2020, from 10 A.M to 5 P.M
Participation certificates will be provided to all participants after successful completion of the workshop, in an electronic form.
The application will be strictly online, and no other mode of application will be entertained.
The link for online registration is:
The last date of registration is 28 August 2020, 4 pm.
- As the workshop is conducted online, it is mandatory to have a laptop and a working internet connection with good bandwidth.
- It is mandatory to have DWSIM Version 6.1 Update 1 installed in the system to attend the workshop. The installation sheet is available here
- Following operating systems can be used for installing DWSIM:
- Windows: 32/64-bit Vista/7/8/10
- Linux: 64-bit x86 Ubuntu 12.04 or newer / 32-bit armhf Raspbian/Ubuntu MATE
- macOS: 10.7 (OS X Lion) or newer