Introduction to Finance and Accounting
Educational Services for Outreach at Scale (ESOS)
August 2nd, 2021 to November 21st, 2021
|Course Content||Teaching Faculty||Duration and Venue|
|Who Should Attend||Course Fee and Certification||How to Apply|
|Note||Address For Communication|
click here to download the brochure
click here to download the Schedule
This course has been designed for acquiring important professional skills
- Financial Awareness Basics
- Introduction to Macroeconomics & Microeconomics
- Introduction to Fiscal & monetary policy
- Financial Institutions, Instruments and Markets
- Understand the financial institution landscape
- Learn about various financial instruments
- Learn about the various financial markets
- Financial Statement & Analysis.
- Understand the various financial statements
- Understand aspects of financial Analysis and how it is done
- Overview of Financial Planning & Budgeting
- Understand what is meant by personal financial planning and budgeting and why it is important?
- Understand how to structure one own personal financial plan including some examples of open source tools that are available for personal financial planning & budgeting
- Understand how financial planning & budgeting works in a corporate environment and its importance
Dr. CA. Varadraj Bapat, School of Management, IIT Bombay
July 16, 2021
August 15, 2021
August 2, 2021
November 21, 2021
This course can be taken by any learner who has knowledge of High School Mathematics and Basic Calculus.
The registration fee for the course is Rs. 450/-. However, register before 30 July 2021 for Rs. 400/- only to avail an early bird registration discount.
Important Payment Instruction:
Please note that the registration fee once paid is neither refundable nor adjustable under any circumstances.
While making a payment for the course,
(i) If you receive a transaction failure message and your amount is NOT debited, please pay again by logging in to IITBombayX-LAKSHYA programme(https://www.it.iitb.ac.in/lakshya) website.
(ii) If your amount is debited and you still receive a transaction failure message, please DO NOT make another payment. Send a mail to email@example.com with cc to Eoutreach firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject "Transaction failure but amount debited". Also, provide the transaction details in the mail. You will soon receive a reply from us on the same.
Honor Code e-Certificates will be issued on successful completion of the course based on the grading policy mentioned in the course. Please note that all e-certificates will be issued online after the course ends on 21 Nov 2021. No hard copies will be given.
Enrollment will be strictly online, and no other mode of application will be entertained. The online registration is available from 16 July 2021 till 15 August 2021.
Course registration steps for the IITBombayX-Lakshya portal:
- Once you select the course of your interest from the homepage. A page will open where Click on the link “Click here for registration form” to get enrolled for this course.
- You will be prompted to enter your email address.
- If you have already registered in our earlier courses: Use your existing email id and password to get enrolled.
- If you are here for the first time: A form will open where you have to enter the OTP (received in the entered email), password and other required details and press SUBMIT button (for your account creation).
The course content is released under Open Source License. All participants must agree that the content contributed by them in any form, (assignments, questions, etc.) would be released under Open Source Licence, by accepting the terms mentioned under ‘No Objection Certificate’. All contributors will be acknowledged.
Dr. Kalpana Kannan
Project Coordinator, ESOS Project
Department of CSE, Kanwal Rekhi Building,
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay,
Mumbai - 400 076.
Tel.: +91 9833594905 (Mahendra)
Call us on: 022-2576 4989
Website - www.it.iitb.ac.in/lakshya/ www.iitbombayx.in