Implementation of Data Structures
Educational Services for Outreach at Scale (ESOS)
August 2nd, 2021 to November 21st, 2021
|Course Content||Teaching Faculty||Duration and Venue|
|Who Should Attend||Course Fee and Certification||How to Apply|
|Note||Address For Communication|
click here to download the brochure
click here to download the Schedule
Learn how to write correct and efficient data structures manipulation using the existing standard template library (STL) of C++. Get introduced to the power of STL and make your code more solid, reusable, and robust.
In this Computer Science course, you will learn about the implementation of all major abstract data structures using the object-oriented programming paradigm of C++ and map abstract data types to the Standard Template Library of C++.
The topics covered in this course:
- Review of OO programming, STL of C++
The detailed description is given below:
Topic 1: Review of Object Oriented Programming
- Know about the member functions as interfaces of structures
- Learn to control access to members
- Get to know the use of scope resolution operator
- Learn about Template class
Topic 2: Stacks
- Learn more about Stack and a two-stack program
- Know the operations using Text Editor
- Know more about other applications of Stack
- Learn Infix to Postfix expression using Stack
Topic 3: Queues
- Learn the basics about Queue
- Look at an example called Bus Queue
- Explore the Program for a Bus Queue
- Get the concepts clear with Mumbai Vada Pav Seller Program
Topic 4: Lists
- Know more on List operations
- Learn the features of List class
- Know the cause and effect of redesigning Mumbai Vada Pav Seller Program
- Learn the Data Structure and Algorithms of a Media Player
Topic 5: Trees
- Learn more about Binary Tree and its Traversal
- Know how to gain efficiency of Binary Search Trees
- Learn about Trie
- Learn to write Binary Tree Program
- Learn the Huffman Coding
Topic 6: Graphs
- Get to know about the Graphs
- Know the types of Graphs
- Learn the basic operations of Graphs using a program
- Learn about Depth First Search and Breadth First Search
Prof. Deepak B Phatak, Professor Emeritus, Dept. of CSE, IIT Bombay
Prof Ajit Diwan, Dept. of CSE, IIT Bombay
Prof Ganesh Ramakrishnan, Dept. of CSE, IIT Bombay
Mr. Nagesh Karmali, Sr. Manager (Research), Dept. of CSE, IIT Bombay
June 28, 2021
August 15, 2021
August 2, 2021
November 21, 2021
This course will be conducted in a self-paced mode, i.e. all the lecture videos, slides, reading materials, activities, and graded assignments will be released on when the course starts. This gives you the flexibility of progressing and completing the graded assignments at your own pace. However, but one would need to complete them before the course ends.
Concepts, as covered in the Object-Oriented Programming course and Foundations of Data Structures course, are prerequisites of this course.
The registration fee for the course is Rs. 570/-. However, register before 30 July 2021 for Rs. 470/- only to avail an early bird registration discount.
Important Payment Instruction:
Please note that the registration fee once paid is neither refundable nor adjustable under any circumstances.
While making a payment for the course,
(i) If you receive a transaction failure message and your amount is NOT debited, please pay again by logging in to IITBombayX-LAKSHYA programme(https://www.it.iitb.ac.in/lakshya) website.
(ii) If your amount is debited and you still receive a transaction failure message, please DO NOT make another payment. Send a mail to email@example.com with cc to Eoutreach firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject "Transaction failure but amount debited". Also, provide the transaction details in the mail. You will soon receive a reply from us on the same.
Honor Code e-Certificates will be issued on successful completion of the course based on the grading policy mentioned in the course. Please note that all e-certificates will be issued online after the course ends on 21 Nov 2021. No hard copies will be given.
Enrollment will be strictly online, and no other mode of application will be entertained. The online registration is available from 28 June 2020 till 15 Aug 2021.
Course registration steps for the IITBombayX-Lakshya portal:
- Once you select the course of your interest from the homepage. A page will open where Click on the link “Click here for registration form” to get enrolled for this course.
- You will be prompted to enter your email address.
- If you have already registered in our earlier courses: Use your existing email id and password to get enrolled.
- If you are here for the first time: A form will open where you have to enter the OTP (received in the entered email), password and other required details and press SUBMIT button (for your account creation).
The course content is released under Open Source License. All participants must agree that the content contributed by them in any form, (assignments, questions, etc.) would be released under Open Source Licence, by accepting the terms mentioned under ‘No Objection Certificate’. All contributors will be acknowledged.